Pages

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

A golfer's joke

A doctor, a priest and an engineer were trying to enjoy a morning of golf, but they were stuck behind an extremely slow group; those men missed every putt, had a hard time lining up shots, and occasionally even teed off in the wrong direction.


The engineer fumed, "What's with these guys?"


The doctor chimed in, "I don't know, but I've never seen such ineptitude!"


The priest said, "Hey, here comes the pro. Let's have a word with him."


They signal him over. "Hi, George," the priest says. "What's with that group ahead of us? They're delaying our game."


The pro replied, "It's a sad, sad, story. That's a group of blind firefighters; they lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free."


The group fell silent in shame.


The priest said, "That's awful! I will say a special prayer for them tonight and take up a collection with my congregation."


The doctor added, "I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist buddy to see if there's anything he can do for them."


And the engineer said, "Why can't they play at night?"

No comments: