Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Computer Help Line

When my hard drive crashed last week, I called the Dell help line and obviously got someone in India. Their English isn't the same as our English and I was asking for the person on the other end to repeat themselves just about every other question. In the process, I spoke to 4 different people - the first two were call center people who just entered my name into the computer and advised me that a one-time call would cost me $139.00.

The second two were a technician and his supervisor. I spent a grand total of 10 minutes with them as they determined that I had an unrecoverable hard drive. Think about that - that works out to about $800 per hour. Dell must be very proud of themselves! I think next time I'll find someone local who only charges $50 per hour.

How propitious that I saw the following video online this morning. Just wondering.




Just to note - I did like the Dell computer and I have ordered another one, BUT - I don't think I'll use their call center again.
-

No comments: