Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Joke: Oldie But Goodie - Kermit Wants a Loan

Kermit the Frog goes to a bank and tells the receptionist he needs to talk to a loan officer. The receptionist offers him a chair and calls the loan department.

In a few minutes, a loan officer shows up and introduces herself as Patricia Black. "Pleased to meet you," says Kermit. "I'm Kermit Jagger."


"Jagger?" replied Ms. Black. "I thought you were always called just Kermit the Frog."


"I added the Jagger after Mick adopted me," said Kermit. "We both thought it was a nice touch... But I'm here to talk to you about borrowing $50,000. Do you think you can help me?"


"That depends on the circumstances," said Ms. Black. "You're very well-known, of course, but the bank will still require some type of collateral to secure the loan."


"I've got this," Kermit told her as he handed her a small crystal figurine of Miss Piggy.


"Hmm..." said Ms. Black dubiously. She thought a moment and then told him, "Let me see what the bank president has to say about this."

So she took the figurine with her to the president's office. Once inside, she told the president, "Kermit the Frog wants to borrow $50,000 and offered me this lame little figurine as collateral. Should I tell him to take a hike?"

"Figurine?!" exclaimed the president of the bank. "It's a knick-knack, Patty Black. Give the frog a loan! His old man's a Rolling Stone."

No comments: