Pages

Thursday, September 14, 2006

ABCs for the elderly

A - for arthritis.
B - for bad back.
C - is for chest pains. Perhaps cardiac?
D - is for dental decay and decline.
E - is for eyesight -- can't read that top line.
F - is for fissures and fluid retention.
G - is for gas (which I'd rather not mention).
H - for high blood pressure (I'd rather have low).
I - for incisions with scars you can show.
J - is for joints, that now fail to flex.
L - for libido -- what happened to sex?

Wait! I forgot about K!

K - is for my knees that crack when they're bent.
M - (Please forgive me, my Memory ain't worth a cent.)
N - for neurosis, pinched nerves and stiff neck.
O - is for osteo- and all bones that crack.
P - for prescriptions, I have quite a few.(Give me another pill; I'll be good as new!)
Q - is for queasiness. Fatal or flu?
R - is for reflux -- one meal turns into two.
S - is for sleepless nights, counting my fears.
T - for tinnitus -- I hear bells in my ears.
U - is for urinary: difficulties with flow.
V - is for vertigo, that's "dizzy", you know.
W - is worry, now what's going 'round?
X - is for X ray -- and what might be found.
Y - for another year I've left behind.
Z - is for zest that I still have my mind.

I have survived all the symptoms my body's deployed, and kept twenty-six doctors gainfully employed!

No comments: