Pages

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Funny photo and a joke

Baby Funnies (click the image for a larger view)


Joke Time: John Paul

God comes down to Pope John Paul II a few days before he died and says to the Pope, "Pope, you've been a good Pope. I like you. You know you'll be here in a few days, but I wanted to give you a gift...anything in the world you want to get rid of, you name it, it's done."

John Paul thought a minute. "Hmmm, well, that's awful considerate of you, Lord. I guess I'm gonna have to say Polish jokes. I know nationalism is a kind of pride, but well, this is where I was born, and I have a natural affinity for my homeland. Polish jokes just tend to hurt us, and me, and stereotype us unfairly."

God says, "No problem." Snaps his fingers, and bam, no Polish jokes, past, present or future. "Anything else?"

Pope shakes his head, "Nope, that's it."

So God and JP are sitting there drinking tea and eating crumpets, when God says, "Well, John Paul, it's time for me to go. But before I do, are you sure there's not anything else you want to get rid of."

JP pauses, "M&M's."

God says surprised, "M&M's? Wow. I thought they were harmless enough, but if they have to go, they have to go. Can I ask why?"

Pope says, "Well, I'm not getting any younger, and they're just getting harder and harder to peel."

No comments: